Sunday 9 May 2010

LCAD Residency


Lorna Campbell did a life size fish tank. I got to see her make all of this in the workshop. It was very impressive to look at to had recreated gravel with screwed up paper and made fish tank ornaments. I love this piece where it is is kind of like a fish tank. When I went I could go in it. There was no health and safety issues as it was self contained.


This piece was in the back of the cafe. It had sounds coming out of it. And a space man sat at the back the wires and the socket was at the back of it tucked in so people wouldn't trip over it. I loved this piece it was quite odd to look at.


This piece was a ti pi but unfortunately it collapsed on the day of the show. The willow inside wasn't strong enough. But this piece was still really interesting to look at. I couldn't see any tape on the floor but i really couldn't see anyone tripping over it. but at least it collapsed before the show rather than during the show as it wouldn't have been very safe.


This was a trolley full of bricks. I don't particularly like this piece. The colour of the brick works well with the red trolley. As long as the brakes are on the trolley I can't see any problems health and safety wise.


This piece was on a table with a glass cube inlaid into the top. Filled with little ceramic pots. This piece was very delicate looking. It needed to be presented like this. The glass cube protected the pottery.




No comments:

Post a Comment